Thursday, June 10, 2010

Finally...

Finally, my BTech life is over (hopefully!). The last four years were fun. Of course, there were times of uncertainty too. Which came in the form of ‘unwanted’ semester exams and all the more useless series exams. I still remember the day I first entered my hostel. Its still fresh in my memory. But the past four years flew by me. Of course, there is a load of memories waiting to get sorted in my mind. The things that have happened at the college... At the hostel… On the roads… Nothing can erase them, really. The first year passed by me rather slowly. The main events that occurred during this period was ‘getting to know him/her’. I was rather quiet and withdrawn (the exact opposite of my usual self!). The hostel life was altogether a new experience for me. Living among strangers was not exactly my idea of fun.


As the course progressed into its second year, I became acquainted with a majority of my classmates. My room mates were fun to be with. During the leisure time we had had at our hostel (which constituted the time from 8.00 pm to 9.30 pm), the eight of us in my room got together and used to talk about almost everything under the sun. The topics for discussion were never sparse. I can never really forget the time of study leave right before the exams. Except for the really painful job of writing the exams, the rest of the study time remained eventful. It was during this time that we really got into the ‘active’ stage.


The first few semester exams (we had a long line of 7 semester exams of 8 exams each!) were taken seriously and everyone tried to study and cover maximum portions as possible. By the time we got to the 8th semester exams, no one (no more) tried to waste much time in studies. It was a rather well-known fact that it is purely luck that guides us through the evaluation. The Kerala University was very keen on putting us through the worst conditions (even worse for the next batch of students to come, surely!) possible thereby making us viable to any situations.


As I look back, I can see the paths I have woven my life through. There were a lot of mistakes done. But more than the mistakes, I was myself these four years. I was home. As much as I loved my hostel life, we eight didn’t keep any outside contacts. We mostly kept to ourselves. We never bothered to talk to even the next door neighbors. They remained strangers all throughout the years. As I climbed the slope from the hostel to the main road on one of these final days, a few of my next room girls passed by me. As soon as they saw me, they started talking to me. I was dumb founded. As I bade them goodbye and moved on, l realized there were more things that I am going to miss. Even the ‘strangers’.


Everything has come to an end. The things left unfinished remain as such. Now, memories... They are all what I have got to carry myself onto the next path. God alone knows what awaits me there…

The things we did, the things we said
Keep coming back to me and make me smile again
You showed me how to face the truth
Everything that's good in me I owe to you!



Though the distance that's between us
Now may seem to be too far
It will never seperate us
Deep inside I know you are
Never gone, never far
In my heart is where you are!



Always close, everyday
Every step along the way
Even though for now we've gotta say goodbye
I know you will be forever in my life!

12 comments:

  1. Life doesn't let everything to be completed by ourselves,its like saying a story can never be written by a single person.... U are turning to a new path of life,but whoever where with u will always be with u. As my friend always says "after college its a short gap,it doesn't mean anyone is going way,we will all meet in time"...
    Chu wherever u goo only good and happy things will happen to u...... My prayers and care and love is always with u...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Da u are lucky to have such good close friends, for me it was something different I am friends with everyone I could and didn't choose to make close friends,now I remain with a few,whom I never know how I got close tooo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Sachin
    Actually, what you did is the right thing. When you are friends with everyone, you get to know a whole lot of them. Our world will be scattered between them instead of being centered on a single soul. Its better to love and be loved by many.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its really super if u have many to love u......but its really unfair when u love many and no one loves u back...... It hurts...da

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi.. really liked your post and seems like we both think along the same lines. me too miss my college days and the things that i rarely noticed at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @cutesourire
    It would be better if we start noticing even small things the next time... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice. :) Very honest post which conveys a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good post dear... Im sure you wanted to write more, but its not possible right..in the emotional situation we all are in, at home after college.. its sad. Keep writing...miss you... :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Anup
    It was very difficult to put in as much.. Miss you too.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. you were too good, too innocent....and...
    u ppl r right, words don come wen its most required...i have known it al through the four years....
    wherever u are, keep good, always...
    and never worry over anything, cos god loves you...so much...
    bye...

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Sathish
    Thank you dear... I really hope God does love me, as much as you say.. I miss my friends but I cant complain... Because I have got a whole new lot.. :)

    ReplyDelete